Thinking of a great divide …
How can it be that two powerful countries elected leaders who, using accepted electoral processes, tore their countries apart? Where is the great divide? Is there more than one.
Anyone for a great divide …
The USA and UK are so alike, both wonderful and stupid at the same time. Have we a parcel of rogues in charge? How can we straighten-out the catastrophic, selfishness, stupidity and ineptitude of our leaders?
Facts? Who needs ’em?
In spite of unclear goals and strategies, emotion rules. Are disdain, rage and bile helpful problem solvers? Daily, we watch people and politicians hurl abuse at each other. Why don’t we demand clarity of thinking, truth and clear strategic goals? Maybe we’ve never experienced it.
System working? For whom?
Political decisions now and in the future will impact citizens’ wealth, safety and wellbeing for, it looks like, a long time to come. Be honest with yourself, how confident are you in our decision makers?
Theresa May, UK
Theresa May asked the UK for a mandate in 2017 … She barely got it. She lost her majority and created a great divide between her party, we citizens and the countries of the UK.
- TM gained power and hangs on, in spite of losing the election.
- Ministers and politicians, of all parties, are splintered and fighting. Where is truth? … Rome is burning, guys.
- The small party, who help her stay in power, ignore the democratic wishes of their people, Northern Ireland.
- TM leads a divided country and party
- May doesn’t listen, she evades, dissembles and dislikes migrants including unaccompanied children
- TM created a shamefully cruel immigration policy
- TM Lacks empathy
- TM’s thick (but not impervious) skin aids her survival
- Theresa May claims to be a Christian
Donald Trump, USA
Donald Trump won over a major section of voters and got the presidency … There may have been some external naughtiness involved, but for now, that isn’t relevant, hints aren’t guilt.
- Trump gained power, in spite of getting fewer votes.
- Just now, with the elections to the House, there’s a chance DT will be up against it fairly soon … and then what?
- Trump doesn’t listen, tells lies & hates immigrants, including children
- Trump leads a divided country and GOP
- Partisan politics and self-interest means that shameful behaviours and dishonesty are accepted
- Trump created a shamefully cruel immigration policy
- Trump lacks empathy
- Trump’s thin skin, rudeness and cruelty abet his survival
- Trump claims to be a Christian
Pointing fingers on the great divide
YOU KNOW, the saying about when you point-the-finger, one finger points at the target and the other three point back at you.
FOR THIS REASON, I’m embarrassed and annoyed with myself. I tend to avoid the Brexit and Bremain rudeness because idiocy, whatever your stripe, is idiocy. It’s time to stand up and be counted.
WE HAVE ONE thing in common – Our politicians focus on infighting instead of meeting the citizens needs. Bubbles are bad for us.
GIVEN THE ABOVE, let’s face some facts:
- A MEAN SPIRITED, incompetent Prime Minister is, dragging our country into an abyss of our own making. Around her, some (but not all) powerful politicians manoeuvre for best personal advantage.
- THE PM PROCLAIMS her commitment to democracy yet:
- When she asked for a mandate, she didn’t get it, read our lips, Prime Minister, no majority. When you asked, the British people spoke, in 2017.
- she won’t allow a second referendum because its “anti-democratic”, yet with the prospect of losing her EU bill in parliament, she fudged/lied and deferred a promised “meaningful” vote as she knew she’d lose it. Hypocrite!
- POTUS isn’t our problem and, of course, I respect the office (I love the USA and have great friends there) … aside from all the cant, pettiness and petulance.
- HOW CAN POTUS harm his own government workers, over a political spat? It defies human decency. It’s stupid and cruel … and, I suppose, that’s where this blog started.
- Poo’ liddle eejit (Elmer Fudd forgive me), someone wipe DT’s nose, he’s sniffing about being lonely again.
How can we entrust the future of our children to leaders such as these? What are we going to do (peacefully, constructively and powerfully) about it?
If we don’t know contempt for citizens when it slaps us in the face, God help us all. After all Donald and Theresa claim Christianity, no matter what they’ve done.
© Mac Logan
This Post Has 3 Comments
Pingback: Why UK Government projects fail - Mac Logan online
Pingback: Boil-Up and Save the UK (videos) - Mac Logan online
Pingback: KettleMettle, wake up – shake up (videos) – by Mac Logan
You must log in to post a comment.